This policy is meant to help the user understand what information Copimaj SRL (“Lupsale”) collects, the way it is being used and the choices the user has on this matter.
Lupsale collects information about it’s users in two ways:
1. The user gives information or allows Lupsale access to information concerning him/her.
When one registers on Lupsale, in order to use the services we provide, one voluntarily gives us acces to certain information. This typically includes an email adress, full name, profile photo, likes, recommendations and any other information the user provides.
Furthermore, the user may give Lupsale access to one’s information from other online services, such as their Facebook, Foursquare or Tripit account. Lupsale gains access to that information if the users decides to link their account on a third party service with their Lupsale account. Please note that the information Lupsale obtains from those services often depends on the settings and privacy policies used on that specific service.
2. Lupsale obtains technical information when one uses our services.
Lupsale is an online service, and as with every online service, each time one uses a website or mobile application, or any other internet service, certain information is created and recorded in an automated way.
Below you will find some types of information Lupsale collects this way.
When one uses Lupsale, our servers automatically record information about one’s interaction with our products (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data usually includes one’s Internet Protocol address (IP), the address of the web page one was visiting before accessing Lupsale, browser type and settings, the date and time of one’s request, and how one used Lupsale.
Lupsale also uses “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our website), or similar technologies to record log data. Lupsale may use “session” cookies (that last until the user closes the browser) or “persistent” cookies (that last until the user or the browser deletes them). For example, cookies are used to store one language preferences or other Lupsale settings so that the user doesn’t have to set them up for every Lupsale visit.
In addition to log data, Lupsale will collect information about the device Lupsale is being used on: what type of device it is (computer, smartphone or tablet, the operating system (Windows, Android etc), device settings, unique device identifiers, and even crash data. Whether Lupsale collects some or all of this information often depends on what type of device being used and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whetherone uses a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. Details about about what information a specific device makes available to Lupsale (or any other web based service) should be available in the policies of the device manufacturer or software provider.
How does Lupsale use information colected from its users
Information collected from Lupsale users is used so that Lupsale can provide the sevices to the users, make them better, develop new products and protect Lupsale and its users. For exemple, we can record information regarding the use of a specific feature in Lupsale, so that we can improve it or decide to give it up. Lupsale also needs user information so that it can deliver customized content to every user. For instance, if a user has indicated that he prefers beach vacations as opposed to mountain adventures, Lupsale will suggest more summer vacation options or will inform the user about a friend’s favorite beaches.
Lupsale also uses the information it collects to:
- Send updates to its users (such as when certain activity, for instance when someone started following your activity on Lupsale), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to its users. For example, depending on one’s email notification settings, Lupsale may send weekly updates that include destinations or Points of Interest a user likes. Lupsale users can decide to stop getting these updates by updating their account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Respond to questions or replies from users.
The information collected by Lupsale may be “personally identifiable” ( which means that it can be used to specifically identify a user as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it cannot be used to specifically identify a person).
What can a user do regarding information concerning him/her on Lupsale
The majority of choices regarding a user’s information on Lupsale are built directly into the service itself or user account settings. A user can:
- Access and change information in user profile page at any time.
- Link or unlink one’s Lupsale account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook, Foursquare). For some services (e.g. Facebook), one can also choose whether or not to publish one’s activity on Lupsale to that service.
- Dezactivate one’s account at any time.
In addition, users may have choices available to them through the device or software they use to access Lupsale. For example:
- The browser may provide the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Mobile device may provide choices around how and whether location or other data is shared. More about these choices should be provided by the device manufacturer or software provider.
User information sharing
Lupsale is an online travel platform with an important social media component. We wish to be a tool people use to discover new destinations, plan the perfect vacation and share with others their experience.
When a user registers with Lupsale and creates a public profile, everybody can see the information on that specific profile.
Other limited instances where Lupsale may share user’s personal information include:
- When we have user consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook) when the user has chosen to link to their Lupsale account to those services or publish activity on Lupsale to them.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Lupsale; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Lupsale may share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business partner how many people saw, clicked or interacted with content provided by that specific partner.